Answered by Patrick Mathieson on Quora
- Have a routine that you use to start your day that becomes automatic and thoughtless.
- Selectively avoid tasks that you suspect may be unimportant.
- Reduce the number of ways people can reach you.
- Get comfortable not having an opinion on most things.
- Remember that in 200 years, it’s very likely that nobody alive will know that you ever existed
Worth a read.
Also this, and this, and this.
“It wasn’t until I committed to traveling a journey of intentional self growth that I discovered where life is really lived—in the mundane. Life is lived in those in-between moments we often hurry past. It’s in the car rides to school, standing in the grocery line with your son, reading to your kids before bed time, or clearing off the dinner table as a family.”
Eric Ungs ~ 5 Simple Ways to Live an Abundant Life through Self Simplicity
Becoming Minimalist is one of the few sites I follow on Facebook and I’m always interested to read their articles.
I also really love the article The Completely Achievable Path to Becoming a One-Income Family.